I say it all the time. “IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!” or “THE WORLD DOESN’T REVOLVE AROUND YOU!” I think every mom does. So yay for me, The PEPPERED PEONY blog is all about moi.
I have always liked telling stories and making people laugh. I mean, really, who doesn’t like laughing? Out of that love was born an idea that S L OW L Y grew into The PEPPERED PEONY blog helped along by friends and family encouraging me to “do something already”.
I also have an innate need to be creative. I have a need to hot glue, spray paint and find the perfect brownie recipe. I simply must do it. I am constantly looking for an outlet, and blogging about that stuff fits the bill. It gives me a chance to connect to others who care about throw pillows, heirloom tomatoes and estate auctions. I mean seriously, my family can only pretend to be interested in book page wreaths and potatoes au gratin recipes for so long before they finally put me out on the curb with a “FREE” sign hung around my neck.
My hubby, 2 kids and I have also traveled a ton and even lived in a couple of other countries thanks to the USAF. It gave me the opportunity to rearrange my furniture in every possible configuration, to figure out how to make curtains out of dishtowels, to embrace shabby chic with gusto because that’s what happens to furniture that’s been dropped in a crate off the side of a moving van every couple of years and to make great friends that taught me everything from basic cooking to how to make it through the holidays thousands of miles from home with my spouse deployed.
Here’s the “Dos and Dont’s” list for me:
I DO like…
- Peonies (obviously)
- Historical fiction
- Broadway musicals
- Movies, especially old ones, but NOT HORROR
- Chips and salsa as a meal
- Milk Glass
- Black and white shih tsus
- Pearl and/or turquoise jewelry
- Lots of mascara and lipgloss
- Seeing a dog hanging his head out of a car window
- Grey sweaters
- Coca Cola cake
- My iPhone
- Iced sugar cookies
- People Magazine
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- Glittery and sparkly stuff
- Downton Abbey
- Going to auctions
I DON’T like
- All Snakes
- All Spiders
- Lima Beans
- People who drive in the left lane or don’t use their blinkers
- Changing the sheets on upper bunk beds
- Fake vanilla or chocolate smells
- Meatloaf (the musician not the food)
- Tent camping
- Babies in movie theaters where rated R movies are showing
- Waking up early
- People assuming I don’t “do anything” since I don’t have a “real” job
- Cleaning bathrooms
And I have a love/hate relationship with sewing, gardening and fixer upper money pits.
Hopefully, we have a lot in common, or at least enough that you’ll keep reading so I can keep writing.